LESSON FROM REAL HEROS


While riding early morning from Narsipatnam to Lambasingi I stopped at a village for breakfast. There was a table set out outside a hut along the village road and an old man was making tea. I asked for a cup of tea and something to eat. The old man pointed to the tea and then said something in his local language that I didn't understand. I made the sign for food and he turned to his wife who was standing close by. She pointed me to a bench outside their hut, asked me to sit down and went inside the hut. After a few moments she emerged with a place of idlis and chutney which I enjoyed along with the tea.

After I was done I asked the old man how much I owed him and he replied with "5 rupees". I knew I was in one of the most backward areas of India, but 5 bucks seemed too less for a plateful of idlis with chutney and a tea. I showed my astonishment using sign language and the old man pointed to the tea once again. I pointed to the empty plate of idlis and his wife said something which I again didn't understand. But it seemed that they were charging me only for the tea.
I protested and pointed to the plate once again and they both smiled at me. That was the moment I realised that theirs was merely a tea stall and they had given me some of their own breakfast, which meant there would be less for their family to eat that morning.

I stayed quiet for a moment as I wrapped my head around what had just happened. I then reached into my wallet, took out some money and handed it to the old man. He refused to take it, but I insisted and after some pleading he finally gave in.
As I rode up the ghat to Lambasingi I couldn't stop thinking about the old couple and the life lesson I learned from them. You haven't truly given until you have given till it hurts..
Thankyou - Deelip Menezes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

உங்கள் ஊரின் சிறப்பு உணவு எது?

மேக்கப் கலையில் மலேசிய திரைத்துறையில் சாதனைகள் படைக்கும் தமிழ்ப்பெண்

கர்ம வீரர் காமராஜர் அவர்களின் அரிய புகைப்பட களஞ்சியம்

வீரபாண்டிய கட்டபொம்மன் வரலாறு:

சூரியகாந்தி (SUNFLOWER OIL) எண்ணெய் என்னும் மாயை....

எங்கே செல்கிறது நமது பண்பாடும் கலாச்சாரமும்???

சிறுநீரகத்தை பாதுகாக்கும் வீட்டு மருந்துகள்.

கிறிஸ்துமஸ் பண்டிகை பிறந்தது எப்படி...!!!!

Amazing LG V20 LGH990DS (Titan) from LG

சமுதாய நோக்கோடு மூன்று குறும்படங்கள்